Every year I go through the same list of goals and some times succeed and sometimes fall short for the year. This year I only made a few (but important) goals to hopefully keep throughout 2015. This is a big year for me with some especially exciting things I have to annouce about the blog soon. I have big dreams for this space and I really want to thank you all for coming back and reading for the last 5 years. I know I may say this a lot but it really means the world to me to have this space to be creative and do something I love everyday.
1. Get Healthy: With our wedding around the corner (in a little less than 4 months) I am striving to get myself in shape and healthy. I starting a new workout regimen that I cannot wait to share with you next week. Thanks to my Christmas Presents, a new Jawbone and cute workout clothes, to help me get motivated. Eating better is also on the top of my list. To me that means, I will be cooking meals at home at least 4 days a week and cutting chicken fingers and french fries (my guilty pleasure) out of my diet. Being healthy is a lifestyle, so making sure I have enough sleep, drinking tons of water and being prepared are going to get me through this change.
2. Do something everyday to make someone smile.
3. Stay true to my signature style. The last couple years I have invested in some timeless pieces to create my signature style. To me, upgraded basics are the key to any great wardrobe.
4. Save and invest my money. This one may be easier said than done.
5. Be Present. Being a blogger, I am constantly plugged in. My goal is to keep my phone in my bag at dinner, put it in the bedroom at night, and focus on spending quality time with the people I am with rather than checking Instagram (I know you all do it too!).
Happy 2015. Wishing all of you a wonderful start to the New Year!
xox- a dash of details
photography by Merritt Beck